1 cup milk
1/4 cup water
1 cup flour
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 -1/2 pound ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
2 tbsp vegetable oil (to saute the onions)
1/2 teasp salt
1/4 ground black pepper
1/2 ground red pepper (paprika)
1/2 dried thyme
1/2 dried basil
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs.
2. Slowly add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and vegetable oil; beat until smooth.
You can also use a blender to mix these ingredients (for smoother batter) or pour the batter through a strainer to eliminate the lumps.
3. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coasts the surface evenly.
4. Cook the crepe for 2 min, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side.
5. Place the beef into a deep saucepan adding enough water to cover the meat. Cook for about 30 minutes at a medium heat (uncovered). It has to be moist so be sure the meat is not over cooked.
6. In the meantime, chop the onion and saute until golden-brown. Turn the heat off then add all the spices and sauteed onions. Taste to see if you prefer to add more salt.
Let it cool.
7 . Take one crepe at a time and lay it flat on a cutting board, brown side up. Place the cooled beef filling next to it. Scoop a good tablespoon of the meat filling and pour it in the center of the crepe. Wrap the filling like an egg roll as shown in the pictures below.
8 . Almost there. In a non stick frying pan melt some real butter (2 tbsp or so) and brown both sides of your crepes. Enjoy!