This is my sister's famously easy- lazy cake that would please everyone. And this cake is asking for only a few simple ingredients that you almost always have available. OK may be not the Irish cream:)
Here it goes!
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of milk (sour cream)
1/2 teasp of vanilla extract
1 teasp of baking soda
1/2 teasp baking powder
2 tbsp of coco powder (unsweetened)
1 + 1/2 cup of flour
8 ounce (226g) of whipped cream cheese (Philadelphia) or mascarpone cheese
1 cup of powdered sugar
1 cup of heavy cream (cold)
1 tbsp of Irish cream liqueur (or brandy)
2 tbsp Nutella spread (optional)
2 tbsp of cocoa powder
2 tbsp of sugar
6 tbsp of milk
1/2 teasp of butter (unsalted to make it shiny)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. In a mixing bowl beat the eggs and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes. Add milk and beat for a few more minutes.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa powder over the egg mixture. Fold into the mixture using a whisk wire to blend until smooth.
4. Butter and flour a 12 by 8-inch non-stick baking pan (or use a parchment). Pour the cake batter into the pan spreading evenly and smoothly. Bake for 15 -17 minutes (until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean). Let it cool. Slice the cake gently into two layers using a long sharp knife.
5. Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer for 5 minutes. Gradually add powdered sugar and
beat for another 5 minutes.
6. Pour the heavy cream into a separate bowl and whip until thick (avoid over whipping). Fold it into the cream cheese mixture and add the liqueur. To make it taste heavenly add Nutella cream into the frosting. Spread the frosting over the cake layers now.
7. To make chocolate glaze, combine sugar, cocoa powder and milk in a thick sauce pan. Simmer over medium heat stirring constantly until it thickens (not stiff but smooth like a cream). Drop the butter in. Let it cool for 5 minutes (stirring). Lastly, drizzle the chocolate glaze over the cake as wildly as you wish.