Here we go Banana Bread fans! This is for you:) This recipe is fabulous!
1 stick butter at room temperature
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 cup flour (all purpose)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Powdered sugar for decorating
1. Preheat oven 350 F, grease bread pan
2. Cream butter & sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each time you add.
3. Sift all purpose flour, baking soda & salt together, stir in whole wheat flour & add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
4. Fold in mashed bananas, vanilla and walnuts, if desired.
5. Pour mixture into pan, bake 50-60 minute or until toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool in pan 10 minutes, then on cooling rack. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with milk or tea.
Get creative and add your own touch like I did with Baker's chocolate melts on this BB.